Chamomile’s essential oil is known to be another miraculous remedy for numerous conditions, which traditional medicine would treat with a bunch of pills and antibiotics. The more the people were aware of how magical chamomile is, the less they would reach out for pharmacies. Because every time we choose nature over medicine, we do our body the greatest favor.
Here are some of the proven beneficial effects that chamomile has on our physical and mental health:
- Every now and then we suffer from some kind of infections. Chamomile has a superb anti-inflammatory action when it comes to this. It is often reccommended as a medicine for inflammatory airway processes. Diseases like pharyngitis and laryngitis respond very well to chamomile inhalations;
- Chamomile is also used against common conditions of the digestive tract – gastritis, colitis, colic and bloating. Furthermore it stimulates the secretion of gastric juice, which increases appetite. The tea from this herb has a wondrous effect while having a pleasant, slightly bitter taste;
- It has a beneficial effect on kidney infections and bladder stones;
- Chamazulene, the by-product of the chamomile, is well-known for its anti-allergic action (when suffering from asthma for example) and local anesthetic action;
- It also has a beneficial effect on metabolism in the body and acts as a natural tonic to the skin, muscles and internal organs;
- Camomile’s essential oil improves mental health by easing the tension, decreasing the stress levels, eliminating feelings of sadness, anger, despair, anxiety, panic, etc. Inhaling the smell of it is proven to help overcoming the negative emotion and putting you back in a good mood;
- Externally applied (by bathing) to inflammation of the eyes, the uterus and when fighting hemorrhoids, it has a calming and healing effect;
- Chamomile flowers in the form of compresses is used for difficult healing wounds, wet eczema, edema;
- Chamomile tea helps in conditions like painful menstruation, uterine bleeding, insomnia;
- The herb is also used in cases of rheumatism, neuralgic pain, allergic gastritis, nervous excitability, epilepsy, headache and almost all nervous disturbances or hyper-reactions which result in convulsions, spasms, nervousness, and loss of control over limbs;
- For toothache and sore throat, a chamomile garter is recommended 3-4 times a day.
- Chamomile’s essential oil is an ingredient of almost every skincare products, shampoos, toothpastes, as it diminishes scars, marks, spots, etc.
- Chamomile compresses are a great relief when having fever, as it has a cooling effect on the body;